How to meet people at conferences

Dream force is less than two weeks, so I thought I'd share some ideas on how to make the best use of your time and do something that most of us find it difficult to networks . Although I went to a ridiculous number of events in my career , I have yet to meet new people work at conferences . Over the years , some smart people have given me good advice. Some of the best :
Wear or carry something brand: people

They always have something from me or have my company logo on it . For me it is usually a leather i Pad or a laptop or Intro hive hoodie or sweatshirt. Because of these two things always happen in the events : someone asks me what is Intro hive O Intro hive heard and want to ask questions . This is a great icebreaker .
people
Sitting in the middle :

When I attend a panel or main I am in the middle of a row and as far forward as possible. I am a neighbor on each side and the conversations usually increases while we wait for the session to begin. It feels natural and you already have something in common : the session is about to hear.
Ask questions:
meet

Engage with speakers can be difficult for a full conference , but a question during a Q & A is a good way to make first contact . So if you have a late or more often after the conference , they have a connection, you can reference.
people
Introduce yourself to the commission :

There's always a race to the stage at which a panel or speaker ends your session. This is the worst time to make a connection with someone . If anyone want to fulfill my gift for a couple of minutes early and introduce myself as the panel is in place . Works .
people

The use of Twitter : meet
Following along the hash tag for the event , dialogue with other participants and share ideas is a great way to communicate with other participants and stakeholders. It also relaxes the first encounter in real life because they already " know " each other online.
people
 

Cultivate : meet
Do not fear the shows ! Contrary to popular belief sponsors and exhibitors are not there to sell something . We are here to meet new people and also remember that we are also buyers of things so there are many opportunities in the field. Make a list of what to watch and walk down the road .
people

Once you start using these tips to network capacity conferences go a feeling of discomfort in the development of an approach that you feel comfortable . Meeting people is a key element of the company and conferences are a great place to start relationships.

1 comment: